Saturday, April 12, 2014

A heart felt "Thank you!"

Lent blog #10

I clearly haven't kept up with this.  I think it's been useful and God has used it, but I don't think he's stopped loving me because of it.

This semester has been an emotional roller coaster for me.  Those close to me know this.

From recovering from brain surgery, to figuring out seizure medications, to having to deal with not driving, to interacting with friends, to dealing with myself, and school, and the freight and newness of change, and the craziness of the world, and uncertainty...  sometimes the world has felt like it was going to collapse on me, and my 4'11" self would have to strain to keep up.

I have learned some things, and these are things that I have to keep reminding myself...

I am loved.  I am prayed for.  I am supported.  There is quite possibly nothing more humbling than reading through facebook posts of people saying they love you and are praying for you, looking at notes people sent you, realizing the friends that have sacrificed their time and money into getting me places, and realizing that above and through all, Christ has been working through what has quite possibly been the hardest semester I have had so far.

So while often the response I will have to, "How are you?" is simply, "Okay", and it simply means that I'm just okay or struggling at that moment... it doesn't mean that I don't have support and that God isn't sovereign, that Jesus isn't teaching me things, and that I will be down forever.  Because I have friends who love me: ones who I have just met, and ones that I have grown up with.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you. thank you. thank you.

I really think love is an action.... whether expressed in a facebook post, an e-mail, a hug, or a car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment