Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving,
And a day to give thanks.

I am thankful for my life.
For the ability to breath.
For a body that functions and is resilient.

I am thankful for doctors.
I am thankful that I can walk and run.
I am thankful that I have one working ear.
I am thankful for my disabilities.

I am thankful for my family.
For a family that loves me no matter what,
And is there to offer support.
A family that has taught me that people are people,
And that I am to love them.

I am thankful for my education.
For parents that have given of themselves so that I could have this opportunity.
And I am thankful for the opportunities that Baylor has given me.

I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful for the family that they create for me,
For the support,
And so I know that I am cherished and loved.

Most of all I am thankful for a God who loves me.
Who pursues after me and never lets me go.
A God who has given up everything.

There really are a multitude of things I am thankful for,
and if I were to write them all down, I would be writing all day.  Sorry folks, but I'm going to go enjoy this day that the Lord has made with my family and my puppy!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment