Monday, December 3, 2012

Wavelength

I just had a moment.

My goal in life has never been to change the world.  I have always tried to be realistic with what I could do.  Always had the mindset that if I could help or impact one person, that my job would be satisfied.

Christianity has made a name for itself that is not necessarily a good one.  Words that float around about Christianity are homophobic, unforgiving, bigotry, and paternalism to name a few.  And most of these I would say are untrue.  Unfortunately we have crazy, outspoken people out there making a bad name for us all.

So here I am.  Graduating from my undergrad soon and trying to figure out what to do with this vast spectrum of life that is lying out in front of me only a few months away.

So I had this thought.  What if I tried to be the change.  What if I were to learn what it means to really live as Jesus lived.  What if I strove to feed the hungry... to be aware of my surroundings and the needs of others... to change the stereotype.

So I think that's my goal for now.  If I can change the way one person views Christianity, I will be doing my job.


No comments:

Post a Comment