Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Like a Sponge

I just had this thought.

While cramming for a final (or if my parents are reading this, studied tirelessly over a number of days), I found myself hoping that the next 3 hours would just fast forward themselves.  That I could magically wind up on the other side of this exam ready to go on a jog, take a long shower, clean my room, and read a good book with a hot cup of tea by my side.  This is my hardest class anyway, but after missing a week of school due to illness, I am trying my hardest to keep up.  Needless to say, I am not looking forward to this exam.

So I Tweeted something that talked about me wanting to fast forward 3 hours.  Then I went back and read it.  I realized how silly I have been.  Sure this test is not going to be fun, but it is part of my college experience.  It is a part of my life.

After this test I am finished with the fall semester of my senior year.  I have one semester to go until I am a Baylor alumni, and have completed my undergrad.  Although I still have grad school to accomplish (hopefully at Baylor), this is a big step.  I can't believe these four years are almost up.  Four years in which I have learned about myself, about God, about a variety of things.  Four years in which I have matured.  I have and am continuing to grow into the person that God wants me to be,  Four years in which I have created some very meaningful friendships.  Four years... just four years.

So why am I sitting here wishing to fast-forward through this exam?  I should be soaking up every instance of this year... even the ones I don't entirely enjoy.  Because even though I was one of the few stuck in the library last night, I still got to talk to someone from my class who I haven't really known before, see one of my friends who is graduating on saturday, and have another of my friends bring me dinner.

I am blessed.  One more semester (and an exam), and I'm going to soak it all in.

And yes, I should be studying.  Thanks! :-P



"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and for all the friends I want to see."


1 comment:

  1. Good for you - a profound revelation amidst the mundane.

    ReplyDelete