Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom Mum Mommy!

When I was in elementary school there was this kid.  I don't remember his name or anything, I just remember that he constantly would play the "my mommy died" card.  Now I know this is something challenging to deal with, but it was 5 years after the fact, and it was something that was constantly annoying to us (let's be honest... elementary age kids don't understand).  Looking back on it I can realize that it is a cry for attention, but then I saw it as nothing other than annoying.

Kids need their moms.  And not to say that if you grow up without one you are going to be messed up, because that isn't true.  I know lots of single fathers who raised their children well.  I'm just saying that having a mom, or a female figure to look up to, is important.

I cannot imagine the world without my mom.  She has constantly been there for me over the past 21 years of my life.  She aggravates me like no other, and knows how to get on my nerves, but at the end of the day she is probably one of my best friends.  I can tell her anything, and I never have felt like she didn't want me there.  I don't know what I would do without her.

I have been so blessed by having a great mom who has always supported me and been there for me through everything: health problems (there have been a lot of those), broken hearts, friend problems, school drama, life transitions, and more.

I love you mom!





One of my favorite Family Guy moments! ^

No comments:

Post a Comment